November 18, 2023

So long/e time




Where have gone almost 4 years? I can't remember what happened the first three, we all know anyway, but this year has been a hard, health hazardous one for me. Battling to stay alive and recovered from "medical assistance", whatever it means these days.

Visiting other blogs that I usually read till 2020, I've found that many of the tatters stopped writing and sharing since last weeks of 2020/June 2021. What happened? Asking myself.

My dear Georgia closed her site, but I've known she's taking care of her health and life. That's fine. Wishing her the best God has for her.

The Online Tatting Class is still online, Tamie is a great, kind and prolific teacher. Thanks God. Some tatters remain, other are new in the classes, other newbies. Tatting is alive and growing.

I've happily noticed that there are new tatters and tatting designers in Japan. Just great. Different visions enrich the lace.

At the end of 2022, Phylis asked me for a copy of Tathelper 2014, because she had to change her PC and lost it. I knew that I had the project saved somewhere, and started to search it in every HD, pen drive, CD, DVD used for backups and time passed... til the "event".

She got me out of base, I thought nobody was interested in the application and let it stay as it was. Just once, a tatter wrote a comment about wanting to give it a try. 

Anyway. One year later I have an operating Tathelper application. 

The event of this year made me think of getting back Tathelper and develope the graphic module even when there isn't interest in the tatting community. Just for leaving some legacy. Did I say it before? I'm talking about unnumbered hours of thinking, researching, designing,  thousands of lines of code. Would be there any interest and support this time? or it would be yet another application in the web.

Let's see if the political reality doesn't blast the life, the economy and liberty.

Meanwhile I'm still here, hope you too. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment